Hearing Block 1, Brisbane
The Royal Commission into Defence and Veteran Suicide will commence its Public Hearing Block 1 at the Brisbane Convention Centre on Monday 29 November 2021.
Date: 29 November 2021
Location: Brisbane Convention Centre
Time: 09:30 am – 4:00 pm AEST
Due to COVID regulations and capacity limits, anyone proposing to attend the Public Hearing must pre-register. The proceedings will also be available via webcast.
Please be aware that these hearings may contain material and images that are triggering for some people. The public nature of the hearings also means that there may be people in military uniforms and military service providers in attendance.
Please note the general conditions of entry at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre:
- All visitors must check-in via the QR code.
- Do not attend the hearing if you have been in a current COVID hot spot and/or are unwell.
- The hearing room will have capacity limits in line with Government regulations.
- Adhere to social distancing regulations.
- Security screening of persons and bags attending the hearing will be undertaken.
- A number of items are prohibited in the venue, examples include: bags larger than A4, glassware/glass bottles/cans, weapons of any kind, large flags/posters/banners larger than A4 size, motorbike helmets, large umbrellas, bicycles, scooters, skateboards. The Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre reserves the right to add items to the prohibited list at any time. Visitors may have personal items confiscated by Security or be requested to check items into the cloak room.
- Food, hot drinks, photos or videos are not permitted to be taken in the hearing room. The Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre has the right to refuse entry or remove any persons who do not comply with entry requirements. The Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre website has further details.
Please refer to the Queensland Health website for current COVID-19 updates.